Instead of using conventional Christmas lights during the Yuletide Season, you could alternately adorn you’re house, garden, or yard with the sparkling icicle lights. They are bright, colorful, and could provide a unique way for you to design your home with lights as like light fixtures.
What These Lights Are
The icicle styled lights is a kind of Christmas light as like your Christmas ornaments. But aside from their importance during the Christmas and New Year season, these lights have also been used as regular light decorating pieces for parks, gardens, open restaurants, clubs, etc. They are also perfect as alternative lights for outdoor parties and special events.
Compared to conventional Christmas lights that are just strings of bulbs or LED lights, indoor and outdoor icicle lights have their own design twists. These are strands of horizontal wires were the light bulbs or LEDs are not attached on this main line but instead, smaller strands of wires or lights are fixed to it vertically. When the main wire or line is stretched, these lights drop downwards and brighten like icicles.
Features of These Lights
From the description cited above, it could be easy to enumerate some of its features.
- They are colorful. Color and color combination usually depends on the type or model of the light you are purchasing. Nonetheless, these Christmas lights could also feature multi-colored bulbs or LEDs. If you want them to be plain white, there are plain white lights. There are also green or perhaps the blue icicle lights.
- The icicle lights come in vertical strands and are not lined on the main wire or line. To make that icicle effect, these lights feature vertical strands of bulbs or LEDs that hang from the main line. Some icicle lights have similar light lengths but majority of these have length variations or alternating sizes to produce a more natural lighted icicle effect.
- Can feature conventional mini bulbs or the LED types. Compared to your traditional Christmas lights, the icicle kind could be equipped with those conventional mini bulbs or perhaps, the latest LED light technologies.
Types of Icicle-styled Lights
It won’t be that hard to choose and shop for these kinds of lights because there are just a few types available. These lights could be classified according to the light they are equipped with or perhaps, on its design or style.
- Bulb Type Icicle Christmas Lights. Although it’s considered old fashioned, a lot of consumers still opt for the icicle-styled lights equipped with the traditional Christmas light bulbs.
- LED Icicle Lights. The other alternative types are those equipped with the modern LED lights. LED is opted because they are more energy efficient and don’t heat up even if they stay lighted for a long period of time.
- The Icicle-Shaped LED Christmas Lights. One great improvement that the LED technology has contributed is the possibility to produce light products in different sizes and forms. This suggests the third type of icicle Christmas lights you could choose. Instead of the bulbs or the diodes, you could also opt for those that have icicle strands or lights that are designed similar to the real icicles.
With the wider variety in terms of design, style, and light color, icicle lights really brings new alternatives or unique ways to lighten up your home during the Yuletide season.